Inicia sesión ¿No tienes cuenta? Crear una.
I am visiting Spain in May and looking to do some hiking along the GR11. I am interested in approximately 4 - 7 days of hiking and looking for recommendations for start/stop points. I would like to hike hut-to-hut (or other accommodation). The area around Ordesa National Park is where I was most interested - but I am unsure of the weather in May, so open to other suggestions. I found this site http://www.trekpyrenees.com/trek-the-gr11-pyrenees/, which is quite useful in breaking up the track into legs, but I am unsure where are good starting and stopping points around the park with public transport access / shuttle bus. It also is not clear to me where the huts are along the track. Sorry for not speaking Spanish
Hi Esme. If you want to visit Ordesa I'd suggest to book a hotel in Broto (affordable enough in May) and buy a ticket for the bus which will take you to the National Park. You can also stay in Refugio de Goriz, in the very heart of Ordesa. You must book in advance. Two wonderful routes in GR-11 are: from Panticosa to embalse de la Sarra (Sallent de Gállego). Gorgeous landscape with Tebarray, Balaitous, infiernos... and a lot of beautiful lakes. Refugio de Respomuso in the middle of the route. Next day you can walk from Sallent de Gállego to Candanchú. Unforgettable the view of the Midi d'Ossau and the Anayet from the ibón of Anayet. Good luck!
Inicia sesión o regístrate para participar en el foro.